Valentine Table Setting
Capture love with a valentine day table setting.
If you are reading this, I figure you want a refreshing look for your valentine day table setting. Perhaps you've never done a table setting for valentines day and want to start now.
The following ideas are for you to take and save for valentines day. They are not too hard to implement so read and enjoy!
- Whatever food you are serving, don't forget about the colors red, pink, and white. Add food coloring to the drinks the eggs or the pancakes, cut toast in the shape of hearts, go all out!
- Take some pink bubblegum such as Bazooka and soften it through use of a microwave. Shape the pieces into rose petals and twist around a piece of hard green plastic. Put into vases on each table (if you are entertaining) to serve as your valentine table centerpiece.
- Cut out hearts or find a heart shaped notepad and write love notes. Trail them to and from tables or use as confetti on the table.
- Create a tablecloth with pictures of you and your loved one ironed on. This looks fabulous with black and white pictures say of your wedding. Buy paper from an art and craft store that allows you to do iron-on transfers and press the pictures onto a white tablecloth.
Click here for instructions on iron on transfers
- If it is just the two of you at home, move the table into a different eating area. Perhaps in front of the fireplace or in the entryway. Make it really cozy.
- There are lots of edible flowers you can add to a salad and how beautiful this addition to your valentine day table centerpiece can be! Choose from marigolds, carnations, mini roses, snap dragons, pansies, violas, yellow daisies, and carnations. Pick colors that complement the other colors of your china, serving pieces, and other valentine day table setting pieces.
Another valentines day table setting ideas is to incorporate whatever centerpiece you make into the actual china setting. So if your centerpiece is gift boxes stacked, incorporate similar looking smaller gift boxes at every place setting. This picture uses a wrapping paper table runner and then that same wrapping paper at each seat.
Here is a picture of an actual valentines day place setting, with a red heart shaped plate and everything!
back from valentine day table setting page back to home page